Matcha Tofu Cheesecake
Jan 01, 1970
- 3 tbsp. smooth almond nut butter
- 200g organic tofu
- 2 tsps of Matcha powder
- 15g Agar flakes
- 60g Almond Milk
- 70g water
- 100g biscuits of choice
- 250g cream cheese
- 200g natural yoghurt
- 100g icing sugar
- 1tsp Vanilla essence
- Prepare your cake tin by lining and greasing. Smash up your biscuits, stir the Keen nut butter into the melted butter and mix with biscuits. Push down into the tin and allow base to chill in fridge for a few hours.
- Remove Biona Tofu from jar, place on a plate sandwiched between paper towels. Put a heavy object on top to squeeze out excessive moisture. We only left it for 20/25 minutes as it did not need to be overly firm for this dish.
- Add Agar flakes to boiling water so that they are just covered. Allow to simmer for ten minutes and cool.
- Add five tbsp. boiling water to Teapigs on-the-go matcha tea sachets and stir.
- Pop tofu, cream cheese, yoghurt, icing sugar and vanilla essence into a blender and blitz until nice and smooth.
- Pour in Agar mixture and blend again until it is nicely mixed.
- Half the mixture and add Matcha into one batch of the mixture.
- Scoop alternate spoons of the mixtures on top of the biscuit base to create contrast. Swirl a skewer through the top of the mixture to create a pattern if desired.
- Allow to set in the fridge overnight.
- Pop the kettle on and enjoy a slice!