Caesar salad is a classic dish worldwide and generally a well received favourite if you are entertaining. Sometimes it can be tricky to cater for different dietary requirements, luckily with this twist on the classic Caesar salad you can cater for coeliacs, vegans and everyone in between. All hail the vegan Caesar!
- Chickpea Croutons
- 1 can Biona chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon Sunita olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 glove crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon cajun powder
- Caesar Dressing:
- 1/2 cup soaked Rainbow cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Sunita olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Sunita lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon Biona Dijon Mustard
- 1/3 cup Rainbow cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoons Nua Naturals hulled hemp seeds
- 1 small crushed garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon Sunita olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Doves Farm Yeast
- 1 tablespoon Rainbow sunflower seeds
The Green Scene:
- Choose your favourite greens and add in chopped kale for some extra goodness. The amount you need depends on the number of hungry mouths you have to account for!
- Soak Rainbow cashew nuts for at least a few hours or overnight if possible.
- Pop the Biona chickpeas in a colander to drain and then run under the tap. Mix the chickpeas with the cajun powder, Sunita olive oil, garlic and salt until they are nicely coated. Toss the mix out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and pop into a 400°F preheated oven. After 20 minutes, give the tray a shake and let them bake for 15 more minutes at least.
- To make the dressing, pop all the ingredients in a blender and blitz until the mixture is smooth. Don’t be afraid to add some water to get the blending started and play around with your seasoning to suit your taste.
- Blitz the cashews and garlic together in a food processor until the mix is nice and crumbly. Stop the processor and add in the remaining ingredients.
- Wash your greens, shred them and throw them in a bowl.
- Add the dressing, “cheese” and “chickpeas to your leaves and mix it all up.
- Dig in!