- 400g Rainbow uncooked brown rice
- 400g tuna
- 200g frozen garden peas, cooked for five minutes in boiling water
- 2 red peppers, peeled with a potato peeler, deseeded and diced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped into small chunks
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- large handful stoned green olives, roughly chopped (optional)
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- juice 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp Sunita extra-virgin olive oil
1. Boil the rice and once cooked, drain and allow cool.
2. Cook the peas and allow to cool.
3. Place the cooled rice in a large mixing bowl. Flake in the tuna, then mix in the peas, peppers, tomatoes, spring onions, parsley and olives, if you’re using them.
4. Stir through the mayonnaise, lemon juice and olive oil and season to taste. Cover the bowl with cling film or place in a large plastic container until needed.
This dish will keep in the fridge for 3 days.
*By Wholefoods Nutritionist Nicola Murphy