- 250gms wholemeal spelt flour
- 200gms white spelt flour
- 1 level tsp of salt
- 1 level tsp of bread soda
- 25gms butter
- 12-14 fl oz of buttermilk (Alternative for lighter bread – 6 fl oz buttermilk & 6 fl oz natural yogurt or 6 fl oz soya milk & 6 fl oz soya yogurt)
1. Sieve together all the dry ingredients.
2. Rub in the butter.
3. Make well in center of mix and slowly add milk.
4. Mix into a dough, not too wet or sticky.
5. Knead gently on floured surface.
6. Spoon mix into greased 2lb loaf tin.
7. Bake in hot oven, 215c/425f/gas 7 for 15mins before turning down to 150c/350f/gas 5 for further 30mins until cooked.
Seed germinator & seeds is a perfect present for grandchildren!
*By Gordon O’Connor of Wholefoods