- Roasted vegetables (cook for dinner previous evening – approx 1 – 1½ cups per child
- Cooked pasta – approx 50g dried pasta per child
- Olives, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese – approx 1 cup of mixture per child
- Drizzle of Sunita olive oil, pesto or toasted sesame oil – depending on child’s preference.
- Chunks of cold chicken or tuna could also be added.
1. Mix together thick slices of aubergine, courgette, peppers, sweet potato and onion. Add a little chopped garlic if desired. Drizzle some olive oil and some balsamic vinegar over the vegetables in a bowl and mix thoroughly to ensure all the veg is covered in the oil. Spread evenly over a wide baking dish and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees celsius for approx. 25 minutes
2. Mix roasted vegetables with the cooked pasta. This can be done when the vegetables are still hot as the flavours blend more.
3. Add in the olives, cherry tomatoes and the feta cheese once cooled.
4. Add a drizzle of oil/pesto if desired to ensure pasta salad is moist.
5. Place in a plastic container in the fridge until needed.
*By Wholefoods Nutritionist Nicola Murphy