Cooking and prep time: 35 minutes.
- 1 Courgette
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 Yellow pepper
- 1 Red onion
- 12 Button mushrooms
- Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Rapeseed oil
- ½ Tsp chilli flakes
- 120g Giant couscous
- 50g Feta
- Preheat oven 180 C
- Cut up vegetables into chunks and mix with balsamic vinegar, chilli flakes and rapeseed oil
- Roast for 25 minutes
- Cook the couscous in stock as per instructions on the packet
- Drain and mix with the vegetables
- Serve with crumbled feta
*Sponsored by Eat and Think
Eat and Think is an online nutrition service run by 3 registered dietitians who became friends through their mutual passion of helping people get the best out of a healthy lifestyle. The idea of Eat and Think grew from the girls love of food, cooking and nutrition as a science. Everyone has an opinion on food and nutrition, but too many bloggers, personal trainers and even doctors are providing unqualified and inaccurate advice. As registered dietitians, Eat and Think use up-to-date science to provide people with easy to follow eating plans, plus plenty of practical advice and recipes on our regularly updated blog.” Eat and Think co-founder Kelly McCabe says. “The Meal Plan is designed to take the stress out of your weekly shop” says Veronica. “We all work full time and have social lives which can make eating healthily a challenge. Each week we provide recipe ideas for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The meals are simple to prepare yet tasty and will provide you with a balanced diet, rich in all essential nutrients.”
The Meal Plan follows Eat and Thinks’ nutrition philosophy which promotes a mainly plant based diet. “We encourage a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, grains, cereals, nuts and seeds. When following a diet based on such ingredients, you’ll find you limit your intake of processed foods naturally. This can help reduce hidden fats and sugars that are often found in processed meals and snacks” says Kelly.
The Eat and Think team are enthusiastic about food, flavour and how this can be incorporated into everyday life. “No fads. Just sound nutritional advice.”
THE EAT AND THINK PHILOSOPHY
1. NO FAD DIETS: We know that fad diets do not work, and often lead to unhealthy yo-yo weight changes. At Eat and Think we will encourage you to make sustainable long term changes to your diet and lifestyle.
2. EAT REGULARLY: Skipping meals often results in poor food choices and overeating later in the day. Eating regular nutritionally balanced meals and snacks helps to regulate your appetite, control your food choices and moderate portion sizes.
3. EAT A PREDOMINANTLY PLANT BASED DIET: Plant based foods tend to be naturally lower in fat, higher in fibre and packed full of vitamins and minerals.
4. AVOID PACKAGED FOOD WHERE POSSIBLE: Processed foods are often packed full of all sorts of nasties. Cooking with fresh ingredients from scratch helps to reduce levels of salt and saturated fat in the diet, with the right recipes it can be the key to eating well.
5. EAT MINDFULLY: Be conscious of your thoughts and feelings around food, do not punish yourself for eating the odd treat, instead take time and savour your food and listen to how your body is feeling. We want to help you feel more confident about making the right nutritional choices for you.
6. PHYSICAL ACTIVITY: Like two peas in a pod, physical activity and a healthy diet go hand in hand and are crucial to living a healthy lifestyle. Not only does it reduce your risk of cancer and cardiovascular disease, it can also boost your mood and self-esteem. We strongly believe there’s an activity for everyone… you just need to find it.