- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 200g puy lentils, rinsed well
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely,
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 20g flat parsley, chopped
- Handful of baby spinach leaves
- 4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 150-200g cooked beetroot, diced
- 100g soft goats cheese, crumbled
1. Place tomatoes on a roasting tray and place in hot oven (200 C) for five to 10 minutes.
2. Place lentils in a saucepan. Add the lemon zest and juice, bay leaf, garlic and cover with vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until lentils are soft.
3. Drain the lentils thoroughly and transfer to a large bowl. Add cherry tomatoes, red onion, parsley, spinach, beetroot, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss gently and serve topped with soft goat’s cheese. Serve hot or at room temp.
*Sponsored by Soul Food Co.
Maggie Lynch presents a range of Taste of Health cooking demonstration classes along with husband Richard Burton, Director of the Irish Institute of Nutrition & Health. These include Gluten/wheat free cooking, Healthy Fast Food for Kids, Eating for Health with Diabetes, and Wholefoods for Health.