- 250g broccoli florets, lightly blanched for 2-3 minutes, refreshed in cold water, drained and set aside
- 2-3tbsp hazelnuts
- 1tbsp maple syrup
- ½ pomegranate, seeds only
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 100g diced mango
- Crushed pink peppercorns
- 200g sour cream (1 small tub)
- 200g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1-2 dessertspoon runny honey
- 40–50 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- Zest ¼ orange
1. Cook broccoli in boiling salted water for two to three minutes. Refresh in cold water and drain. Set aside.
2. Dry roast the hazelnuts on a small pan over medium heat for one to two minutes. Then add 1tbsp of maple syrup to lightly coat the nuts and toast for another 30-60 seconds. Remove from heat, transfer to parchment paper and allow to cool.
3. Make dressing by whisking all its ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
4. Arrange broccoli on a platter and lightly scatter with diced red onion, pomegranate, mango, hazelnuts and peppercorns. Serve dressing on the side or drizzled lightly over broccoli.
*Sponsored by Irish Institued of Nutrition & Health
Maggie Lynch presents a range of Taste of Health cooking demonstration classes along with husband Richard Burton, Director of the Irish Institute of Nutrition & Health. These include Gluten/wheat free cooking, Healthy Fast Food for Kids, Eating for Health with Diabeties, and Wholefoods for Health.