Poached eggs can be tricky to get right, this dish removes the challenge. A combination of poached eggs, tomato, kale and chickpeas, this dish is wholesome and filling yet thanks to the tomatoes, nice and refreshing. We feel this poached egg bake is eggcellent and eggcourage you to try it out!
- 1 tablespoon Sunita Olive Oil
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 diced onion
- ½ cup Rainbow chickpeas
- 1 can Biona chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ tablespoons red pepper flakes
- One bunch of chopped kale
- 3 eggs
- Fresh basil
- Soak Rainbow chickpeas overnight in a bowl of water. Remember to allow room for the chickpeas to expand in the bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Pour oil into oven proof skillet and allow to heat. Sauté onion and garlic for 5 minutes, then add chickpeas and sauté for up to 5 more minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, cumin, cinnamon, paprika, red pepper flakes and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add kale and cook until it starts to wilt slightly.
- Make 3 little holes in the tomato mix and slowly add one egg into each.
- Pop the skillet into the oven and bake until egg whites are set.
- Scatter basil over the dish and serve.