- 400g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 100g carrots, peeled and chopped
- A knob of butter
- 2 tbsp milk
- 25g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 300 ml milk
- 40g parmesan, grated
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh dill chopped
- 150g cod cubed
- 150g salmon, cubed
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C / 180C Fan / Gas 6.
2. Put the carrots into a saucepan, cover with cold water. Bring up to the boil and cook for 5 minutes, then add the potatoes and boil for about 15 minutes until tender. Drain, and mash together with the butter and milk.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the onion and fry until soft. Add the sugar and stir for 30 seconds. Add the flour, then blend in the vinegar and milk. Stir until thickened and smooth. Add the parmesan, herbs and fish. Simmer for 2 minutes, then spoon into four ramekins.
4. Spoon the mash over the fish and fork a pattern on top.
5. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until bubbling.
*Sponsored by Nelsons