Makes 8-10 cupcake sized muffins
Contains almonds so not suitable if there are nut allergies. Could substitute with coconut flour or regular gluten free flour instead.
• 40g Rainbow ground almonds
• 60g Linwoods cold milled flax seeds
• 2tsp gluten free baking powder (available in healthstores)
• 45g sugar (or Zylosweet if alternative to sugar desired)
• 3 eggs
• 30g Optima coconut oil
• 60ml water
• 30g Rainbow sesame seeds
• 40g Rainbow sunflower seeds
• 90g dried cherries, chopped into small pieces.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
2. In a food mixer blend the sugar, eggs, coconut butter and water on high speed until smooth
3. Add the ground almonds, flax seeds and baking powder and blend until well combined.
4. Add the sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and chopped dried cherries and put on mixer again to ensure all the ingredients are evenly mixed.
5. Spoon the mixture into cup cake cases.
6. Bake at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes
7. Cool and serve
*By Wholefoods Nutritionist Nicola Murphy