This intensely refreshing and flavoursome spring salad is rich in fibre and vitamin C, and the highly aromatic flavour of the fennel balances beautiful with the peppery radish and the salty feta.
- 80g fennel bulb, shaved thinly (with mandolin)
- 4 radishes, shaved thinly (as above)
- ¼ small cucumber cut lengthways, seeds removed and sliced thinly (as above)
- 60g sheep’s feta cheese, shaved thinly rather than crumbled (opt)
- 10g fresh dill
- 15g purslane leaves or land cress
- ¼ tsp crushed pink peppercorns
- Large pinch sea salt
- Generous drizzle of best quality olive oil
Drizzle olive oil around edge of large bowl. Mix all above ingredients together in bowl and toss gently so the ingredients pick up the oil. Arrange on a nice serving dish or on individual plates.
*Sponsored by Soul Food Co.
Maggie Lynch presents a range of Taste of Health cooking demonstration classes along with husband Richard Burton, Director of the Irish Institute of Nutrition & Health. These include Gluten/wheat free cooking, Healthy Fast Food for Kids, Eating for Health with Diabetes, and Wholefoods for Health.