Makes 20 approx
- 100g whole almonds
- 100g Medjool dates, pitted
- 25g desiccated coconut
- Zest of ½ orange
- 1-2tsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 50g desiccated coconut or 50g unsweetened coconut powder
1. Combine almonds, dates, coconut and orange zest in a food processor. Pulse until it resembles finely chopped breadcrumbs. The mixture should be sticky when pressed between fingers.
2. Add one teaspoon of orange juice to bind, and pulse again in food processor. Shape into walnut size balls and roll in preferred coating. Place onto a parchment lined tray and set aside in fridge.
Raw food, gluten free, dairy free, vegan and vegetarian. For lower GI version of these little treats use figs instead of the dates.
*Sponsored by Irish Institute of Nutrition & Health
Maggie Lynch presents a range of Taste of Health cooking demonstration classes along with husband Richard Burton, Director of the Irish Institute of Nutrition & Health. These include Gluten/wheat free cooking, Healthy Fast Food for Kids, Eating for Health with Diabeties, and Wholefoods for Health.