For day two of our National Vegetarian Week challenge we had to incorporate tofu into another dish. This time we decided to take a more savoury direction and came up with a versatile Crunchy Spicy Chia Coated Tofu. This is a perfect appetiser, picnic snack or served on top of stir-fried veg, a yummy family style meal!
Mystery Box Two Contents:
- Keen smooth almond nut butter
- Biona organic tofu
- Sunita olive oil
- Chia Bia chia Seeds
- Herbamare Spicy Seasoning Salt from A.Vogel
To incorporate the nutty deliciousness of Keen nut butter we made an almond and ginger dipping sauce which really complimented the crunchy, golden tofu. Herbamare Spicy Seasoning Salt gave the crust a lovely little kick, but if spice is not your thing use Herbamare Herb Seasoning Salt, this way you don’t have to compromise on flavour.
- 3 tbsp. Keen smooth almond nut butter
- 200g Biona organic tofu
- 2 tbsp. Sunita olive oil
- 3tbsp Chia bia chia seeds
- 2tsp Herbamare Spicy Seasoning Salt from A.Vogel
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2/3 tsp ginger
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Remove Biona tofu from jar, place on a plate sandwiched between
paper towels. Put a heavy object on top to squeeze out excessive moisture. Leave for at least four hours as you want your tofu to be nice and firm.
- Mix Chia bia chia seeds, Herbamare and garlic together in a bowl.
- When tofu is ready, cut into desired sized pieces and brush with Sunita olive oil.
- Place brushed tofu into your chia mix and press down firmly so that the tofu becomes coated.
- Heat Sunita olive oil in a pan and gently place your coated tofu on top.
- Fry until crispy on each side (approximately 5 minutes for each side).
- Spoon Keen smooth almond butter, soy sauce and honey into microwave dish and heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir until blended. Heat for a further ten seconds if necessary. Dipping sauce should we hot when serving.
Our thoughts: This dish was so easy to make we are still a little bit shocked! Tasty and perfect for so many occasions, we will for sure be using this again during the lovely summer evenings.
We’re so ready for mystery box number 3!