- 2 x 225g chicken breasts, skinless
- 20g fresh coriander, chopped
- 6g (¼) red chilli, diced fine
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, stems removed and finely chopped
- 12g (1 stem) lemon grass, finely chopped
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 1tbsp breadcrumbs, or for GF version use cooked fine rice noodles (squeeze out excess water with a cloth and chop finely)
1. Place ingredients (apart from breadcrumbs/noodles) into a food processor. Process until smooth.
2. Place chicken mixture in a bowl, add the breadcrumbs/noodles and gently mix.
3. Shape chicken into small round balls about walnut size.
4. Heat a flat tray in oven, drizzle a little oil on it and lightly wipe with kitchen paper. Place chicken on tray and place in hot oven 220 C for eight to 10 minutes, turning once.
5. Thread onto bamboo skewers and serve with chili and coriander dip.
*Sponsored by Irish Institute of Nutrition & Health
Maggie Lynch presents a range of Taste of Health cooking demonstration classes along with husband Richard Burton, Director of the Irish Institute of Nutrition & Health. These include Gluten/wheat free cooking, Healthy Fast Food for Kids, Eating for Health with Diabeties, and Wholefoods for Health.