Cook time: 15 min
- 2 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milled Chia bia seeds
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 3 teaspoons Chia bia seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, sift the whole-wheat flour and all-purpose flour. Add the milled Chia bia seeds and the oats; combine.
3. Add the brown sugar, wheat germ, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the mixture; combine.
4. In a small bowl, slightly beat the egg; add the buttermilk.
5. Create a well in the flour mixture, and pour the egg and buttermilk into the well.
6. Mix the dry and wet ingredients, ensuring that all ingredients are well combined.
7. Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray, and pour the mixture into the pan. Scatter the whole Chia bia seeds evenly on top of the mixture.
8. Bake for approximately 1 hour or until the bread is brown and a knife sliced through the bread comes out dry.
9. Remove from the oven, let cool slightly, and remove from the pan. Wrap the bread in a tea towel until cool.
*Sponsored by Chia Bia