Bean burgers are a delicious and easy vegetarian alternative and our 2 bean burger can be whipped up in no time at all!
- 30oz mixed beans, drained and rinsed (We used Rainbow Cannelini and Rainbow Black Turtle beans)
- 1 large egg + 1 large egg white lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons Sunita olive oil
- Handful fresh coriander chopped
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 small onion very finely diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toasted buns if desired
- Pop your Rainbow beans into a food processor and whizz together. When the beans appear to be mashed, add in coriander, garlic, paprika, onion, salt and pepper and blitz again until combined.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat eggs and add in 1 tablespoon Sunita olive oil and your breadcrumbs, stirring until combined. Combine your egg mixture with your beans in a large bowl and mix well. Don’t be afraid to use your hands! Divide your mixture into equal sections and then squash and shape to make patties.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat and coat the bottom with Sunita olive oil. When the oil is hot, add burgers and cook on each side until golden, (about 5 minutes per side).
- If adding cheese turn off the heat and add it whilst the burger is still in the pan to allow it to melt.
- Remove burgers and serve with desired toppings.